End The War On Immigrants
Please Join us, as we gather at First Ward Park to hold a Rally with a candlelight vigil to follow, demanding that we keep families together and not in jail.
As the Trump administration continues its attacks on immigrants, the Charlotte community is united in its love and compassion for the families being affected at the border. Our message is clear:
- The Trump administration must end the war on immigrants
- Families must be reunited and allowed to apply for asylum outside of detention centers in the United States
- Our local, state, and federal elected officials must defend due process for these families
- Our local, state, and federal elected officials must be proactive in their defense of these families
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions and DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen must resign
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) must be abolished
This candlelight vigil is a product of love and has been collectively planned by a community that feels that a reflective event where we are asked to feel the emotions we are experiencing will be motivating and unifying. We also feel that the energy of the event must be conducive to really listening and finding solutions to the current crisis.
This event is hosted by: Action NC, Comunidad Colectiva, The Latin American Coalition, The Coalition for Cultural Compassion , Shining Stars Academy, Indivisible Charlotte, The Charlotte Women's March, Charlotte NOW, ACLU Charlotte, Stan Greenspon Center for Peace and Justice Queens University, Temple Beth El, NextGen America, League of Women Voters Charlotte, Carolina Jews for Justice, Our Bridge, Temple Israel
To donate so that our Coalition of Love can provide a sound system and portable restrooms please use the link below.
301 E 7th St
Charlotte, NC 28202
Google map and directions