Ask McCrory #WheresThePlan?
On July 16th, the North Carolina Medicaid Expansion Coalition which is working toward extending health coverage to 500,000 low-income uninsured North Carolinians in our state is hosting a statewide day of action to encourage Governor McCrory to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act.
Tragically, it’s estimated that over 1,000 North Carolinians will die each year as a result of not having health insurance. Lives are quite literally on the line, but Governor McCrory and our state lawmakers are playing politics while time is running out for some North Carolinians.
Join us in calling on Governor McCrory to be a leader for our state by expanding Medicaid!
Most North Carolinians who would be covered by expanding the program are adults who are employed and work in retail, food preparation, hospitality, service industries, and agriculture. North Carolina’s economy relies heavily on these individuals and they deserve to have access to the preventative care they need and to be able to see a doctor when they get sick.
Included below, you will find various ways to participate in this collective effort to help uninsured adults in our state—attend one of our six in-person press events, join in the conversation on social media, and call Governor McCrory’s office to personally let him know you support expanding Medicaid.
In-person Press Events
We are hosting six in-person press events across the state. These events are a great way to get our message out to local media and spread the word through our communities. Please attend one (and bring your friends) to show your support!
- Asheville, July 16th at 12:15pm, Minnie Jones Health Center (WNCCHS), 257 Biltmore Ave; PARKING at McCormack Field, 30 Buchanan Pl, upper or lower lot
- Charlotte, July 16th at 12:15pm, Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St
- Fayetteville, July 16th at 12:15pm, Cumberland County Courthouse, 117 Dick St
- Greensboro, July 16th at 10:45am, Beloved Community Center, 417 Arlington St
- Greenville, July 16th at 10:45am, Tipsy Teapot, 409 Evans St #B
- Raleigh, July 16th at 10:45am, State Capitol, 1 E Edenton St
Call the Governor’s Office
We’ve made it super easy for you to call the Governor's office to voice your support. Simply dial 1-888-523-8974 and we’ll give you a brief suggestion of what to say and then connect you!
Change your profile picture to show your support: (click the image, then right click to save it, and then add it as your profile picture)
Click-to-Tweet the following messages:
- Calling on @PatMcCroryNC to expand #Medicaid in NC! 500K North Carolinians can’t wait. #WheresThePlan #NCgov #NCpol
- 500K adults in NC are waiting on @PatMcCroryNC and the #NCLeg to expand Medicaid! #WheresThePlan #NCgov #NCpol
- Today’s the day! Statewide NC day of action to urge @PatMcCroryNC to #ExpandMedicaid. http://moms.ly/blogpost #WheresThePlan
- People across NC are asking @PatMcCroryNC #WheresThePlan? It’s time to #ExpandMedicaid to 500K uninsured North Carolinians! #NCgov #NCpol
Click to share these images on Facebook:
Find postcards to send to lawmakers, talking points, fact sheets, and more from the League of Women Voters of North Carolina:http://www.lwvnc.org/Healthcare.html#s02